Resources and Activities for a Communal Isolation
If you would like to contribute a resource or activity to this list, please send it via this form. We are all in this together, and welcome your suggestions.
Need Help? Understandable.
- Student Mental Health and Counseling
- MIT Graduate Assistance and Information Network (GAIN)
- Managing Stress around COVID-19 – iHope Network is working with MIT Medical’s Student Mental Health and Counseling Services to provide Managing Stress around COVID-19 – a confidential support group helping MIT students in managing their stress around COVID-19 related events. These series of groups will be free to all MIT students.
- MIT @ 2:50 – Let’s stop and take a break together. Every day at 2:50PM EDT, join a Zoom webinar for ten minutes of quiet reflection.
Take Care of Yourself
- 20-minute Core Body Workout
- Pilates with Blogilates
- Work Ins with Planet Fitness on Facebook
- Free Live Dance Classes with CLI Studios
- Get fresh air every day
- Bedtime Meditation
- Body Scan Meditation
- MIT’s 24-hour Relaxation Tip Line: 617-253-CALM (2256)
Take a Break With…
- Netflix Party
- The Sims
- Community Coloring
- The Met: Live Opera in HD
- Kanopy – A streaming video service for educational institutions offering more than 26,000 films.
- Museums Offering Virtual Tours
- Google Arts and Culture – Founded in 2011, the Google Cultural Institute is a not-for-profit initiative that partners with cultural organizations to bring the world’s cultural heritage online.
- Yellowstone National Park Virtual Tour
- Yosemite National Park Virtual Tour
- San Diego Zoo Live Cams
- Georgia Aquarium Live Cam
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cam
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo’s Panda Cams
- Explore.org Live Animal Cams
- Cincinnati Zoo Home Safaris – Weekdays at 3pm EDT
- The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago let two of their penguins take a tour of the empty aquarium and shared the videos on their Instagram
- Online Music Events, Concerts, and Livestreams
- NASA Media Library
- Quar Eye: Cooking Lessons in Quarantine from Antoni Porowski on Instagram
- #CookingwithMika: Music and cooking with singer/songwriter Mika
- #StayHomeWriMo: From the creators of NaNoWriMo. “A bevy of creative activities and self-care check-ins”.
- Download eBooks from the New York Public Library
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Live from Orchestra Hall: Detroit Symphony Orchestry Replay
- Virtual Classes with EdX
- College Pen Pal Program
Entertain Your Children and/or Your Inner Child With…
- Ideas for Entertaining an Infant
- 10 Minute Ice Cream
- Rock Candy
- Vortex Cannons
- Singing Wine Glasses
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- Play Doh Recipe
- Heads Up – Particularly the act-it-up category!
- Good Night Story Time with Dolly Parton
- Virtual Disney Rides
- “Color Our Collection” Printable Coloring Pages from Over 100 Museums and Libraries Worldwide