Tutoring is available for many chemistry classes. If you're interested in becoming a tutor, please see details about that process here.
To be eligible for tutoring services, a student must meet the following requirements:
- attend lectures and recitations regularly
- submit problem sets
- attend office hours
- obtain approval from your TA
*Please note that students who are receiving a “B” or better are not eligible for this service.
To receive tutoring services:
- Print out a Tutor Request Form by clicking on the appropriate link from the list of classes below.
- Complete the self-diagnostic on the form.
- Meet with your TA to discuss the areas where you need additional help.
- Your TA will turn in your request.
- A tutor will be assigned to you within two days and he/she will contact you.
There is no fee for this service. Tutors are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the semester. We are generally able to accomodate all requests for tutoring as our availability allows.
One-on-one tutoring is available for the following chemistry classes:
5.07 Biological Chemistry 1
Applications to become a tutor are now being accepted for the Spring 2015 semester. To apply, please click here (undergraduate students) or here (graduate students) to print out the application. Return the completed application to Jay Matthews in room 6-205 or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, February 13, 2015 Tutors will be selected by Tuesday, February 17, 2015.