- Faculty Directory
- Areas of Research
- Facilities and Centers
- Biophysical Instrumentation Facility
- Francis Bitter Magnet Laboratory
- Laboratory Instruments and Electronics Service
- Laser Biomedical Research Center
- Department of Chemistry Instrumentation Facility
- X-Ray Diffraction Facility
FT-IR: Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry
DCIF FT-IR Instrumentation
The DCIF's Perkin-Elmer Model 2000 FT-IR spectrophotometer is configured for a range of 7800 cm-1 to 370 cm-1 with 0.25 cm-1 resolution. The instrument is controlled with a Pentium based PC runnning Windows 2000 and Perkin-Elmer's Windows Spectrum software. We do not have any supplies for sample preparation- users are responsible for obtaining sample cards, salt cells, KBR presses, etc. and prepping samples in their own lab. We do have a variety of sample holders- please see a DCIF Member if your sample does not fit in the standard holder.
Use the Training Request Form to schedule an appointment.
Download the operating instructions for the FTIR here.