- Faculty Directory
- Areas of Research
- Facilities and Centers
- Biophysical Instrumentation Facility
- Francis Bitter Magnet Laboratory
- Laboratory Instruments and Electronics Service
- Laser Biomedical Research Center
- X-Ray Diffraction Facility
- Department of Chemistry Instrumentation Facility
EPR: Electron Paramagnetic Resonance
DCIF EPR - Electron Paramagnetic Resonance
The DCIF houses a Bruker EMX spectrometer, an ER 4199HS cavity and a Gunn diode microwave source producing X-band (8-10 GHz) radiation. The instrument also has a cryo-cooled cavity for low temperature experiments down to about 5 K. The instrument is controlled with a Windows-based computer running the Bruker Win-EPR Acquisition software. The Bruker Win-EPR and SimFonia software packages are also available for off-line data processing.
To schedule an appointment, please fill out the Training Request Form.
Download the operating instructions for the EPR here.
Download the cryostat operating instructions for the EPR here. This manual was written by Maarten Merkx while doing a post-doc for Prof. Lippard.