- Faculty Directory
- Areas of Research
- Facilities and Centers
- Biophysical Instrumentation Facility
- Department of Chemistry Instrumentation Facility
- Francis Bitter Magnet Laboratory
- Laboratory Instruments and Electronics Service
- Laser Biomedical Research Center
- X-Ray Diffraction Facility
DCIF Instrument Reservations
Reservations are made through the workstation 'Cruella', which can be accessed with the text-based Res1B program.
If you are using a Windows computer, you will need an SSH program to access the Res1B software. MIT IS&T provides one, called SecureCRT, to the MIT community. If you are using a Mac or Unix computer you do not need to download any additional software.
Remember that reservations are not needed during 'walk-on time'. All the NMRs have some walk-on times, though the Varian 300 is our main walk-on instrument. The 300 has a 10 minute limit during the afternoon and a 30 minute time limit overnight. Please see the reservations software for a full listing of instrument walkon hours.