- Faculty Directory
- Areas of Research
- Facilities and Centers
- Biophysical Instrumentation Facility
- Francis Bitter Magnet Laboratory
- Laboratory Instruments and Electronics Service
- Laser Biomedical Research Center
- X-Ray Diffraction Facility
- Department of Chemistry Instrumentation Facility
The DCIF owns a Canon iPF8400s color poster printer (Installed 4/15/2016).
- Please submit your poster, the account number to bill for printing it, and the deadline that you need your poster printed by: follow these instructions carefully:
Requirements for Posters Submitted to the DCIF for Printing
- Posters must be submitted via email as pdf files, no exceptions. Name the pdf file with only letters, numbers, underscores and dashes, no long names or spaces. Posters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The body of the email message must include:
- Your name
- Your group name
- Your DCIF username (if you have one).
- Account number for billing
- Poster size
- Deadline by which you need the poster printed.
- The maximum dimension in one direction can be 42 inches (width of the roll of paper our printer holds). If you want your poster neatly trimmed, the maximum dimension in the other direction can only be 52 inches (maximum width of our trimmer), otherwise you must trim it by hand using scissors.
- Allow a minimum of 2 business days for your poster to be printed. If you wait till the last minute, you might find that we’ve run out of a printing supply or have some hardware/software problem that prevents us from printing your poster.
Some general considerations & concerns:
Be careful when blowing up images and pictures beyond 100% as they can become pixelated and blurry. Use large fonts instead of blowing up pictures of text. Instructions on how to convert your poster to PDF using optimal settings can be found on page 2 (PC) and page 3 (Mac) of this document. We do have a computer in the DCIF workroom that has software for creating your poster. Ask a staff member if you need access to this. The cost per poster is $30 (which is about half what MIT Copytech charges, $6 ft-2).
DCIF Staff prints posters as they are received. We proofread, edit, alter or change any of the content, so be sure it is in final form before sending it to us for printing.